AutoChimp allows you to automatically add, remove, and update users to your MailChimp mailing list as users subscribe and unsubscribe to your site. You can also create campaigns automatically from blog posts.
AutoChimp uses a set of tabbed options page to help you to quickly manage your preferred settings. In order to use AutoChimp, you must already have an account with MailChimp and at least one mailing list.
To use, just download and activate the plugin, then go straight to the API Key page and enter your API key. Once you do that, you’ll have access to all the admin options.
The AutoChimp admin pages:
For more on the admin pages, visit the following links (also accessible through the AutoChimp menu):
- API Key Page – Be sure to visit this page first and enter your API key, which you receive when you sign up for an AutoChimp account. You only need to enter your key once.
- Mailing List Page – After you enter your API key, you’ll be able to see all of your mailing lists and will be able to set options.
- Campaigns page – Also, after you enter your API key, you’ll be able to set MailChimp campaign options.
- Plugins page – Visit this page to integrate AutoChimp with other WordPress plugins.
View the complete FAQ here.
Do you want to help direct the development of AutoChimp or is there a feature that you need ASAP? If so, consider sponsorship.
Sponsors of AutoChimp 2.0:
|GrasshopperHerder||Lean Startups, User Experience, and Customer Development|
|Web Tonic||Want better search engine rankings? Get your WordPress website ranked higher on the search engines.|
|Latinos a Morir||A private community of educated and passionate professionals who love the Latin American culture.|
|Allen Hancock||Sponsor of the Phatwater Kayak Challenge 42 miles on the Mighty Mississippi|
|MailChimp||Easy email newsletters|
|…and several other anonymous donors|
Thank you all so much! Without your support, AutoChimp 2.0 would not have been possible!
- Attach Firstname and Lastname to the subscription does not work with the “Register Plus” plugin. Fixed in 1.00.
- Sync existing users with mailing list.
Improve the “sync” feature.Available in 2.0. Add support for Cimy.Available in 2.0.
- Add support for UserMeta, Custom Fields by Tribulant, WP-Members
Select multiple categories for creating campaigns (checkboxes instead of select box).Available in 2.0. Add an option for the “More” feature when creating a MailChimp campaign. Send a summary of a post as a campaign.Available in 2.0. Honor post scheduling when sending posts as a campaign. Support time warp of sending campaigns.Available in 2.0.
- Create campaigns from old posts. Add a “Send to MailChimp” button to posts.
- Group multiple posts by category or by date into a single campaign.
Support multiple mailing lists and interest groups.Available in 2.0. Generate tags for Youtube and Vimeo. (ex: *|YOUTUBE:f77FQN7CHl8|*).Available in 2.0. Leverage Mail Chimp campaign templates and headers.Available in 2.0.
- Add other content to the email body (title, featured image).
- Add support for creating campaigns from custom post types. This way, you can turn off blog posts and create campaigns from special post types.
- Real time updating of sync feature, log files too.
- Analytics, Facebook, Twitter
- Be able to add a prefix to the email subject like: ”NEW BLOG POST:”
- Uninstallation cleanup
- Add a dynamic way for admins to assign results of user preference to MailChimp mailing lists.
- Show and preset first and last names so it’s clear that those are automatically mapped.
- Add an option to add users to a special mailing list when they unsubscribe (or various other events).
- Add an option that lets users add a checkbox to the signup form which let’s new users instantly opt-out of MailChimp signup.
- Patch the Force User Field Registration plugin, which currently writes the user meta information after AutoChimp syncs with MailChimp.
- Be able to toggle the “Full Story” feature.
- Automatically create and send email campaign to a list from a new blog post.
Before you ask for help, be sure to take a look at the FAQ link above. If your question is not there, feel free to send an email. Please note: due to the plugin’s popularity and myself being generally very busy, it’s hard to answer every single email. I could in the past, but this is very hard now. If you need help from me, please provide as much clarity as possible and an example. Well, anything that you think will help make your problem to be understood. Thanks!